Interested in Persian cats stud service? Find out what a stud service does and what you should look for in a good stud service in our information guide…
Individuals interested in getting their female Persian cats impregnated need to seek Persian cat stud services. There are many specialists that operate solely as a Persian stud service whereas you will also find a host of breeders to be offering stud services for cats of all breeds.
In order to be able to avail these stud services your Persian cat needs to meet the eligibility criteria. Some of the basic points that stud services will require your queen cat to meet are as follows:
- Your cat must have received vaccination and hence must be immune to a number of medical conditions. These include diseases like rhinotracheitis, calici virus, panleukopenia and rabies.
- You must also have your cat listed for Feline AIDS and Feline Leukemia within the past one month. Of course only those tested to be negative will be allowed the service.
- She has had a recent veterinarian visit where she has been diagnosed as being free from any fleas, ear mites, ringworms and parasites.
- The owner must provide the Persian cat stud service with complete veterinarian records.
- The stud service will also check to see what kind of cat care you have been providing for your feline. She must strictly be an indoor cat having no contact at all with other cats.
- Give your feline a nice nail clipping before taking her to the Persian cat stud service.
What to expect from a stud service
Generally you should expect your feline to take up to a week’s time to get used to the environment of a Persian cat stud service. It will take time for your Persian cat to overcome the fears of a new environment and get used to the sights and smells. It is only when she becomes comfortable with her environment that she will get in the mood to mate.
It would be wrong to assume that your Persian cat will get straight at it if she is on heat. She is quite likely to lose it all of a sudden in a new environment. This is especially true in cases of first timers and shy cats.
What to look for in a stud service
You should look for Persian cat stud services that offer courtship visits. This is a ten day grace period during which your Persian queen will make regular visits to the cattery and will be given ample amount of time to settle in the new atmosphere. During this time your cat will get the chance to develop a comfortable relationship with the stud whom she is going to mate with.
Initially they should be kept in the same room but physical contact between them should be barred. The queen should be kept in a safe location from where she can see and hear the stud and get used to its scent.
You should make sure that the service providers give your queen a great deal of attention so that it helps her to become comfortable in the environment. Through such visits the pair becomes comfortable with each other and in about a fortnights time you could have your mission of getting them to mate successfully accomplished.
Another extremely important aspect to take into consideration is that the Persian cat stud service providers give you a guarantee for the health of the stud. The best Persian cat breeders will even give you a guarantee for pregnancy if you go with their stud service.